The Nez Perce Bio Control Center provides a full service
biological weed control program to landowners and managers
throughout the Pacific Northwest, while also promoting
opportunities and creating quality employment for Nez Perce
We strive to:
- Increase the availability of biological control for weeds.
Increase the availability to organisms that are newly approved or
are in limited supply in Idaho & Pacific Northwest.
- Provide bio-control training and technology transfer to
landowners & managers.
- Redistribute bio-control agents from field insectaries to areas
- Monitor past and current releases with cooperators to determine
biological control agent presence or absence and track vegetation
changes from representative areas utilizing the Standardized Impact
Monitoring Protocol ( SIMP).
- Assist in the implementation of biological control of
weeds in Idaho by managing the Statewide Biological Control Agent