The Nez Perce Bio Control Center provides a full service biological weed control program to landowners and managers throughout the Pacific Northwest, while also promoting opportunities and creating quality employment for Nez Perce people.
We strive to:
- Increase the availability of biological control for weeds. Increase the availability to organisms that are newly approved or are in limited supply in Idaho & Pacific Northwest.
- Provide bio-control training and technology transfer to landowners & managers.
- Redistribute bio-control agents from field insectaries to areas of need.
- Monitor past and current releases with cooperators to determine biological control agent presence or absence and track vegetation changes from representative areas utilizing the Standardized Impact Monitoring Protocol ( SIMP).
- Assist in the implementation of biological control of weeds in Idaho by managing the Statewide Biological Control Agent Release Database.